Propulsion is looking for a Media and Digital Literacy Program Manager in Belgrade to join our team!
Propulsion is a full-service organization specializing in innovative social impact communications. We are the leading supplier of social impact campaigns and projects in the Adria region and wider.
Propulsion occupies a unique market niche between the core business of our partners, their social impact, PR, communications, and marketing. For nearly 70 businesses, governments, civil society groups, and developmental organizations a year our team produces dozens of well-rounded and creative, digital, design, print, PR, public affairs, community, and video campaigns that reach up to hundreds of thousands of people.
We strongly believe that communication has the power to better the societies of the region on a daily basis. That’s why we design impact.
USAID Media Initiatives and Partnerships Support (MIPS):
The selected candidate will be responsible for the program management of USAID Media Initiatives and Partnerships Support (MIPS) 4 years program (2019 – 2023).
Overall program objective:
The goal of the program is to increase the skills of Serbian citizens to navigate a complex information landscape, to demand high-quality content and thus more effectively participate in modern economic, social and political life as a result.
Anticipated Overall Program Results:
- Improved target audience ability to critically assess the content they are exposed to.
Improved target audience ability to apply the skills necessary to navigate a complex digital and media landscape.
- Improved advocacy for high-quality content by identifying key stakeholders from a variety of sectors (media, civil society, corporate actors, government, influencers etc.).
- Increased public availability of research on MDIL.
- Dialogue among public, corporate and private stakeholders on ethical and professional standards in the broader digital and media industry, with a specific focus on public rights and corporate responsibilities in providing, accessing, transmitting, storing, and using information, deepened.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Media and Digital Literacy Program Manager
DESCRIPTION OF THE CANDIDATE
- – You have at least three years of work experience in program management and administration of programs supported by USAID;
- – You know the rules and procedures of USAID-supported programs, and you have experience in preparing and adapting the necessary program documentation;
- – You easily follow the planned program activities and deliver weekly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual plans and reports in compliance with the agreed deadlines;
- – You work effectively in a team and independently, with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to set and achieve goals;
- – You listen carefully to the interlocutors with developed communication skills and sensitivity to cultural communications differences and adapt the information for the needs of program documentation;
- – You have developed excellent written, verbal, presentation, organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- – You speak and write advanced English and Serbian, and use them skilfully in written business correspondence and writing various program texts;
- – You are extremely familiar with MacOS and Windows, as well as the capabilities offered by Google Drive, Dropbox and Microsoft Office, and you have many years of experience with internet research and database management;
- – You guarantee discretion and the skill of managing confidential information matters;
- – You are diplomatically oriented in interacting with colleagues and the public.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS
- – Full time, 40 hours per week;
- – Joint work and daily communication with permanent and occasional associates in the Propulsion Foundation;
- – Close cooperation with the program team and program consultants;
- – Implementation of program documentation that monitors program activities in accordance with the deadlines and goals of the program;
- – Creation and adaptation of various materials related to the program- Annual Work plan; Reports, etc.;
- – Monitor and implement the internal standards, rules and procedures of the Propulsion Fund and USAID;
- – Follow and fulfil the tasks set in the scope of program contract and its terms and conditions;
- – Work with the Program Director and other employees on the development of the priorities and guidelines and harmonisation of program documentation;
- – Keeping the entire program documentation: weekly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual work plans and reports in compliance with the agreed deadlines;
- – Establishes daily priorities, monitors individual work schedules and maintains a balance between the desire for perfection and set deadlines;
- – Reports to the Program Director.
- – Advance knowledge of media and digital literacy landscape in Serbia;
- – Advanced management skills;
- – Advanced computer literacy skills;
- – Advanced drafting and presentation skills;
- – Good interpersonal skills;
- – B category driver’s license;
- – Personal motivation and interest in development programs.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- – Fixed-term contract;
- – Competitive remuneration;
- – Attractive working environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
- – Send your CV and a motivation letter (in PDF format) through the following form:
- by October 10, 2021 at 11.59 PM;
- – Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note that at this stage of recruitment we are able to provide only limited additional information.