PROPULSION is a full-service organization specializing in innovative social impact communications. We are the leading supplier of social impact campaigns and projects in the Adria region and wider.
Propulsion was founded in 2011 under the name Dokukino, focusing on socially engaged film, video, digital solutions and design. The spectrum of our services has changed and grown, but it is still based on the production of cutting-edge design solutions, piercing digital campaigns and hundreds of hours of directed video-material of the highest quality.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
Propulsion occupies a unique market niche between the core business of its partners, their social impact, PR, communications and marketing. For nearly 70 partners a year, our team produces dozens of well-rounded and creative, digital, design, print, PR, lobby, community and video campaigns that reach up to hundreds of thousands of people.
WHERE DO WE OPERATE?
We operate in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and Kosovo, and in 2017 the we started exporting our services to Albania, Austria, Turkey, the Netherlands and Cyprus.
WHAT ARE WE RECOGNIZED FOR?
Propulsion is one of the founders of the Serbian Philanthropic Forum and a member of AmCham in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina, while our top managers are members of the Serbian Association of Managers. Campaigns and programs designed by Propulsion have received a number of awards, including multiple awards from UEPS and Virtus in Belgrade, Iskra in Podgorica and The Internationalist in New York. We strongly believe that communication has the power to better the societies of the region on a daily basis.That’s why we design impact.
Propulsion is expanding its external associate team and we are looking for experienced
WordPress Developer (external associate)
Description of required services:
The Website shall consist of the internet presentation, and shall enable efficient information-sharing about the work and services of the Client but also as a platform for comments/ recommendations, as well as questions from visitors, discussions, etc. It shall have links to important documents, regulations, recommendations and examples from practice of the Client.
To enhance accessibility, the web pages should be developed in a user-friendly format, being available in Serbian (both Cyrillic and Latin script) whilst certain information/sub-pages shall exist in English and in national minority languages.
- First proposal of the new website presented two-three weeks upon signing the contract;
- Initial version of the website (front page plus essential features) uploaded publicly four weeks upon signing the contract;
- Final version of the website that includes database and required functionalities tested five weeks upon signing the contract;
- Documentation of custom developed code sufficiently for a third party to develop it further and documentation that describe database five weeks upon signing the contract;
- Client’s employees responsible for updating, administering, and maintaining the website trained within the sixth week upon signing the contract;
- The website launched seven weeks upon signing the contract.
- Include an option for regular monthly opinion polls on different topics;
- Have links to media and library database of the Client;
- Have possibility of linking with and featuring YouTube content and linking with other social media;
- Cross browser compatibility;
- Device compatibility, for example, tablets, smartphones, etc. (responsive design);
- Seamless updates and patches;
- Friendly error messages and proper exception handling;
- Progressive enhancement.
Prevention of security issues
- Injection flaws;
- Cross Site Scripting;
- Insecure Direct Object References;
- Security misconfiguration (running the application with debug enabled in production, having directory listing enabled on the server which leaks valuable information, not changing default keys and passwords, revealing error handling information to the attackers such as stack traces);
- Sensitive data exposure;
- Missing function level access control.
- Users should have the possibility of creating new newsletter types (for example by categories) as well as changing the layout and name of an existing newsletter;
- List newsletter types;
- Delete newsletter type;
- Import a list of new recipients;
- Delete recipient from a certain newsletter;
- Change email address of recipient.
- Subscribe to a newsletter (send subscription confirmation email to user);
- Confirm subscription (subscription email contains link that the user must follow to confirm the subscription);
- Delete subscription to a certain newsletter (send un-subscription confirmation email to user).
- Search for content with a search term in both Cyrillic and Latin letters;
- Enable search of PDF, Microsoft Word and similar documents by name, description and tags;
- Phonetic searches;
- Search for synonyms to the search term (for example by adding a keyword in the additional search tags for posts. When someone search for a term, that search result should show synonyms also);
- View search results overview.
Protection against threats
- Unauthorized persons obtaining administrator rights through the Internet (hacking) – Administration can only be accessed from a whitelist of IP addresses;
- SSL/HTTPS for secure login;
- Proper usage of caching;
- Image and media content optimization;
- Cookie management;
- Develop procedures for daily backup and recovery.
Accessibility and Look-and-feel
- Web pages must be suited for screen readers, scaling to visually-impaired users, and utilizing the full screen size on small as well as large screens;
- User interface should be familiar to most users;
- It should be easy to navigate in the CMS backend;
- The interface shall provide the user with enough information so that he can determine how a page will look when published (WYSIWYG);
- Search engine friendly URLs;
- Proper sitemap of the portal.
- Custom developed code must be documented sufficiently for a third party to develop it further;
- Documentation must be machine readable and the customer(s) must have permission to use and modify it, enabling the customer to improve the documentation or modify it to reflect the customer’s specific rules and processes.
Web Site Reporting
In order to maintain a quality site that continues to meet organization needs, a quality web site reporting system that provides types and features of management reports, including traffic counts, origin or domain names sources of visitors, or other useful information regarding the website is required.
Search Engine Optimization
- The title of each page should be unique to each page and not be longer than 70 characters;
- Each content author must have the ability to customize the META-DESCRIPTION and META-KEYWORDS in the CMS;
- The CMS must employ semantic HTML (h1, h2, p, etc.);
- The CMS should allow the content author to specify ALT text for all images.
Website should have following search options:
- By topic
- By local self-government unit/ province
- By ombudsperson
- By document type
- By keywords and language.
Content Management System platform needs to enable simple and efficient entry, deleting and corrections of all text files and data in the register and database but also all other pages incorporated in the portal. Access to this function should be appropriately secured to disable unauthorized access. CMS shall be designed for easy usage by persons who do not possess technical knowledge about web design, administering and maintenance of web sites. The Client shall be the sole owner of CMS entire code and the contracted servise provider may not use the code for any other purposes.
All content should be developed in Serbian language, and sections “About”, “Contact” and “News” in English and/ with the possibility to add minority languages in official use. Serbian language should be available in both scripts, Cyrillic and Latin. Each page should have an option to change script. Change of script must result in the opening of the same page in the selected script, but not return to the main page. Default language of the presentation should be Serbian with Cyrillic script.
Additionally, the contracted service provider will be obliged to:
- train the Client’s representatives responsible for updating, administering and maintaining the new website, before its final launching (minimum duration of 2 working days);
- issue a warranty, which should cover defects that might arise after the date of launching the website (one year warranty) and develop and implement/or regularly patch security patches to reach a high level of security of the website during the warranty period;
- test the new website.
Service provider responsible for implementation of this project must:
- Actively participate in developing of web page and programming of respective database in terms of design, technical structure and search options;
- Develop functional CMS;
HOW TO APPLY?
- Send your CV in English or Serbian (in PDF format) through the following form:
The deadline for submitting applications is June 2 at 17:00 hours.
Incomplete applications (without a CV) will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.