Propulsion is a communication organization specializing in innovative socially engaged campaigns and projects that address a wide range of topics, from critical thinking and problem solving, through media and digital literacy, to preventing radicalizing narratives, as well as promoting the development of other key communication skills needed to navigate the world which is constantly changing.
Propulsion is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for a three-year program Media Initiatives and Partnerships Support Activity (MIPS) implemented in cooperations with USAID. The overall purpose of this role is to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning system in support of program development, learning and accountability, and quality improvements.
More about our work and impact is also available here:
propulsion.one, fb.com/propulsion.one and instagram.com/propulsion.one.
Propulsion is lokking for a
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Category: Development and Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Career Level: Senior
Employment type: Special Service Contract (SSA) – daily based
The M&E Specialist will provide leadership and support program team and program partners in collecting and managing data for monitoring the effects of MIPS activity at the outcome and impact level. The M&E Specialist will develop a Monitoring and Evaluation methodology and tools, providing support and ensuring that proper data is collected, and adequate outcome and impact indicators are incorporated into the project objectives and activities. The M&E Specialist will be responsible for ensuring collaborative learning and adapting practices are incorporated into program planning and implementation. In addition, the M&E specialist will provide assistance and support to Propulsion in the periodical evaluation of partners’ performance.
Duration of the assignment: February 2021 – June 2021 (up to 30 working days)
- – Develop Monitoring and Evaluation methodology and tools in accordance with the MEL Plan on outcome and impact level, and provide assistance in conducting monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities;
- – Conduct periodical evaluation of partners performance in accordance with Annual Work Plan, MELP and other relevant project management tools;
- – Produce partners performance monitoring reports with recommendations for potential improvements and mechanisms that would support effective program implementation process;
- – Support team in all M&E activities under the program including reviewing data collection tools, supervising and/or conducting reports from fieldwork, conducting data analysis and interpretation of findings;
- – Support team in collaborative, learning, adapting, and data collection activities;
- – Support team to conduct routine data quality assurance process to maintain adequate quality control in all aspects of M&E from data collection to results reporting;
- – Verify validity and quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports on performance;
- – Build capacity of program partners and staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement; build the capacity to support the effective introduction and maintain the program M&E systems and processes;
- – Participate in and support the implementation team to document and disseminate lessons learned and best practices;
- – Help the MIPS team to interpret multiple data sources to inform programming adjustments.
- – Master’s degree in statistics, social sciences, economics, international development, evaluation research, or related field;
- – At least three (3) years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, including the management and oversight of donor-funded program and project reporting in developing countries;
- – Experience in data collection, statistical analysis, quantitative and qualitative research, and dissemination of results;
- – Experience in designing survey and research tools and developing performance monitoring plans;
- – Familiar with approaches to evaluating and measuring change created by the program;
- – Understanding of USAID policies and procedures including reporting and tracking of M&E indicators;
- – Strong knowledge of software computer applications, such as SPSS, SAS desired;
- – Excellent report writing, analytical and oral presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY?
- – Send your CV, portfolio and a financial estimate (in PDF format) through the form:
The deadline for submitting applications is February 20 at 23:59.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.